Do you want to prevent your automobile from appearing old, worn out, and faded due to the impacts of the weather? It is strongly advised that you apply a ceramic coating to your car’s paintwork to protect it from the many environmental toxins it is exposed to when driving on the road.
Ceramic coatings provide an additional layer of protection to your vehicle against rust, corrosion and the harmful effects of road salt and harsh weather. Ceramic coatings have a reputation for being very durable and long-lasting. But what happens if your new ceramic coating gets wet after it has been applied? What effect does rain have on a new ceramic coating? Read this blog post provided by Pave Automotive Professional Car Care to find out all the answers and more!
Does a ceramic coating lose its protective qualities if it rains after its application?
After a ceramic coating has been applied, if it becomes wet, whether from rain or from a tap water supply, impurities will block the creation of crosslinks before the bonds have had enough time to grow and bind fully. Under these conditions, the ceramic coating will almost certainly fail, an undesired outcome that must be avoided whenever possible. Heavy rain has the potential to completely remove the coating, leaving just the tiniest amount of protection behind. This scenario is only a possibility if the rain is heavy.
Tips for maintaining ceramic coating
- The lifetime of the ceramic coating on your vehicle can be increased by careful maintenance. Your ceramic-coated vehicle’s lifespan may be extended with the right level of preventative care and maintenance.
- In your best interest, steer clear of automated car washes since the abrasive brushes can harm your vehicle’s paint and retain dirt and debris left behind from prior washings.
- Always ensure the car is immaculately clean, both on the interior and the exterior. Even if it has a ceramic coating, a vehicle must be cleaned often to prevent the buildup of dirt and grime.
- Make use of a car wash soap that is gentle and has a balanced pH, and assign the actual cleaning of the vehicle to a trained expert with experience in the industry. Once applied to an automobile, a ceramic coating may remove up to 50% of the filth and grime that builds outside the vehicle.
- You should wash your car using the “two-bucket method,” which involves using two buckets. The shampoo wash solution is stored in one bucket, while the second bucket is used to clean the wash mitt after completing the procedure.
How much time is required for the ceramic coating to cure fully?
The amount of time necessary for the coating to fully cure may range anywhere from two weeks to three weeks, depending on various variables, including the relative humidity and temperature of the location where the coating is being cured. During that time, you need to make sure that the coating is kept clean. Because the coating is hydrophobic, it is quite simple to ensure that the surface is entirely free of any trace of water and will thus continue to be clean.
Ceramic coating at Pave Automotive Professional Car Care
At Pave Automotive Professional Car Care, which can be found at Unit 28 Meadowcroft Way in the Leigh Business Park, Leigh, Wigan WN7 3XZ, we provide ceramic coating services that can safeguard your vehicle from the damaging effects of exposure to the environment. We offer detailing services of the highest possible quality, which combine our significant experience with cutting-edge technology and supplies. Please call us at 01942 936375 if you want to arrange an appointment or have any queries.